I pray all my testimonies will bring inspiration to further the Kingdom Of God.
I was going to just post this on my Facebook page but I guess I have quite a lot to say on this subject so I decided to post it to my blog. Sharing my testimony (My first book Discovering True Love) has been a real struggle for me. I had to jump over so many hurdles and walk past so many fears. I just watched a video of Will Smith talking about fear and one of my favorite quotes that came from him is, “God placed the best things of life on the other side of terror!”
Will Smith’s experience of jumping out of a plane is the exact same for me with sharing my testimony. I jumped into the unknown! Why fear? God knows who I am and I know who I am, yet I still struggle with moving past fear. I don’t struggle from just one type of fear but many different fears- the fear of rejection, judgment, being hated, and more. I now ask myself, “why do I need to fear these when I know that an ever loving and righteous God accepts me for who I am? His grace and mercy are there to sustain me.”
My relationship with Jesus grows every day. I cannot live without Him. I go to Him over everything. He is my best friend. This is where salvation is.
Party Time with my Best Friends
“I decided to throw a party so I sent out my invitations. I wanted all my close friends to come. I sent them out to Judas, Hagar, and Saul. We always have the best time, we are closer than family. While I wrote my invitations I didn’t realize my sub-conscience was on overload on why I didn’t even think to send an invitation to any of my acquaintances- like Jesus or Paul. I don’t even know them well. They’re really not a part of who I am. They don’t belong in my group and I really don’t belong in theirs. I can be who I want to be within my small group of close friends, I don’t have to worry about showing my true colors to outsiders. I can choose to be fake around those who don’t know me well. In my narrow way of thinking I didn’t realize that the outsiders can discern who I really am. I didn’t realize that I’m hurting myself by not inviting them, they could’ve turned out to be the best of friends who would’ve helped me see and grow. I may have known that they existed but they were just not a part of my world. My party was a blast as usual, we had so much fun! However, I heard that Jesus decided to throw a party as well but I was not invited.”
One cannot be saved by believing there is a God or just by being good. Satan knows there’s a God and he’s still going to hell, and even the good people sin. Life in salvation is about being true and real through Christ with God, yourself, and others.
Life is not about feeding our flesh death and destruction (There is so much of it in the media today and no, I don’t mean physical death- but the negativity that drags us down emotionally or feeds our flesh with ungodly desires). Life is about seeking to feed our soul the light of truth which brings healing. Testimonies resurrect the dead things in us and in others. Sharing our stories bring ourselves and others closer to God.
Revelation 12:11 – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
What is a testimony? Titus chapter 3 says-For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Psalms 66:16- Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
A testimony is sharing the truth of yourself and how you overcame by the grace of Jesus Christ- It is baring your naked soul for all to see- It is confessing sins of being lost and how you were found unto salvation- It is proclaiming Jesus Christ to the world and furthering the kingdom of God.
In sharing our testimony we will be judged and we will be hated. Matthew 10:22 says, “And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.”
All of us who have had a life changing experience are called to share our testimonies. Our testimonies differ from the where to the how, but that is the beauty of our individual relationship in Christ.
Things we need to know about sharing testimonies;
- We will feel fear- “Fear is not of God, it is one of the greatest tools of the enemy. Satan does not want us to share our testimonies to inspire others for the glory of the kingdom of God.”
- We need to let go of our past and forgive all, including ourselves- “Hanging on to the past will keep us bound and will most likely prevent us from moving forward in our testimonial journey.”
- We need to fear God more than men- “This type of fear is completely different than the tool of the enemy, it is out of love and respect, it is placing God above all others by caring what He thinks over what people think. We need to place God’s judgment over the judgment of men. God judges righteously while the judgment of men comes from hate, envy, bitterness, and jealousy. Remember God holds our soul in his hands, men do not.”
- We need to speak from truth- “Share from our personal truth, the truth of how we viewed things, truth of how our emotions made us feel, and the truth of our inner struggle in comparison to the truth of the word of God. Other’s (family and friends) my feel differently because each individual has their own way of thinking and viewing things. They may remember things differently. Their testimony may differ but that is their personal truth and their journey.”
- Don’t let opinions sway your testimony. “God knows your heart, He knows where you’re speaking from, stand in its complete truth. If you become unsure about something then ask and seek, God will provide the answer if you are wrong, and He will confirm if you’re right. Never be afraid to be wrong, grow from it.”
God Bless and Much Love,